Expert Care from Top Surgery Specialists
At Carolinas HealthCare System, we pride ourselves on providing our patients with the highest quality surgical care and expertise. Our board-certified surgeons use the most innovative surgical techniques, technologies and research to ensure the best outcomes.
From day one, our surgeons and clinical staff use a coordinated, team-based approach to provide exceptional and comprehensive care. Prior to surgery, we meet with our patients to assess their risk, and recommend steps they can take to help the healing process. We also provide guidance after surgery and throughout recovery.
Our exceptional Surgical Team Offers:
- Experience. We are one of the most sought after surgical departments in the region. Our surgeons are nationally renowned experts in their fields, and we perform more than 16,000 surgeries and procedures each year, ranging from inguinal hernia repair to liver transplantation. We have a proven track record of successfully managing some of the most challenging and complex conditions.
- Results. We focus on results – exceeding national standards for safety and outcomes – so our patients and their loved ones can focus on getting back to what matters. We proudly report consistently low complication rates.
- Innovation. Whenever possible, we use advanced techniques, including minimally invasive surgery, robot-assisted and image-guided procedures. Such approaches can result in fewer complications, less bleeding and faster healing and recovery.
- Compassionate care. One of the main concerns about surgery is the anticipation and anxiety a patient may have leading up to the procedure. Our surgical teams take the time to make personal connections with our patients, helping to put their minds at ease by educating them about what to expect and how to get the best results.
- Research. Our dedicated health services research program directly benefits our patients as we translate findings into better care. Many of our advances have also been recognized and adopted by other acute care facilities, departments of surgery and surgeons nationally.
Our World-Class Surgical Programs
Our specially trained surgeons help diagnose complex conditions and offer patients surgical and non-surgical solutions that center around their individual needs.
Our Surgical Programs and Services Include:
If you’re looking for information about other surgical and/or specialty services offered at Carolinas HealthCare System, find out more here.
What Else Sets Us Apart?
- The only one in the region to perform robotic and minimally invasive liver and pancreas surgery and abdominal wall reconstruction
- Recognized for consistently achieving top surgical outcomes
- Engaged in cutting-edge research
- The nation’s only Center of Excellence for Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) and accreditor of other US surgical centers through the Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS®) Society
- The first to pioneer two important mobile apps to predict the outcomes and potential complication rates for each patient undergoing hernia repair and tailor their care accordingly
- Part of the Carolinas Trauma Network Research Center
Call Our Surgical Specialist