Call a Neurology Specialist:
Rick Dunlap shares his experience of having a stroke and how the team at Carolinas HealthCare System helped him recover in days.
Leaders in Neurology and Neurosurgery
Carolinas HealthCare System is a leader in neurology and neurosurgery care, providing patients highly-specialized treatment of the most complex neurological conditions. Our physicians participate in world-class research which provides patients with access to hundreds of clinical trials. With advanced treatment options available at only a handful of other sites in the country, we are at the forefront of the medical community in implementing new technologies to treat neurological disorders.
What sets us apart:
- We leverage our system size and scope; Carolinas HealthCare System features one of the largest volumes of neurosurgical cases in the country
- World-class physicians in adult and pediatric neurology and neurosurgery care involved in national level education efforts
- Innovative neurology research; we provide access to the latest clinical trials and treatments available
- Established Carolinas Stroke Network, the area' s only treatment network for comprehensive acute stroke care
- Carolinas Epilepsy Network-a comprehensive, regionally-unified program providing state-of-the-art diagnosis, care and treatment to epilepsy patients
- Clinical research programs in neurooncology, minimally invasive spine surgery and spinal arthroplasty, endovascular neurosurgery, brain injury, MS and ALS
Nationally Recognized Neurosciences Care
- National leadership in development of quality care systems and research
- Nationally recognized teaching and education programs affiliated with the UNC School of Medicine (Charlotte campus)
- CMC Neurology was the first in the nation to be awarded the Joint Commission Disease-specific Care Certification in Parkinson's disease, ALS and MS
- CMC-NorthEast earned the Joint Commission Disease-specific Care Certification for Epilepsy treatment
Sanjay Iyer, MD, discusses the direction of Carolinas HealthCare System's Neurosciences department.
Why Pursue Disease-specific Care Certifications?
Carolinas HealthCare System's neurosciences department is actively and continuously working to evaluate our subspecialty clinical programs in order to provide the best possible neurological care to patients. Learn more about our quality standards and accreditations.