As a not-for-profit agency that serves people without regard to their ability to pay, Hospice of Cabarrus County gratefully accepts financial gifts from individuals, corporations and organizations. Our fundraising efforts help to provide care for those patients who cannot afford to pay for their own end-of-life care.
- At Your Service: This annual event offers an opportunity to honor your administrative team with a fun luncheon (door prizes and gifts included) to benefit Hospice of Cabarrus County
- Light Up a Life fundraiser: During the winter holiday season, we invite you to honor your loved one with a hand-crafted angel. The hospice angel, bearing a purple ribbon with the name of your loved one, will be placed on the Light Up a Life tree at Carolina Mall or Carolinas HealthCare System NorthEast. To purchase a hospice angel, call 704-403-5277 or email us.
Interested in Organizing a Fundraiser for Hospice of Cabarrus County?
Third-Party Fundraising Events:
Strong community support is vital to ensure that Hospice of Cabarrus County can continue to deliver the quality of care that our community expects and deserves. We welcome community initiatives to help further promote awareness and funding for our program.
A third-party event is any fundraising initiative brought forward by an individual, community group, service club, or business external to Hospice of Cabarrus County wishing to raise money through an activity that is designed, managed and financially resourced by them.
Two kinds of third-party events:
- A group or individual can host an event or sponsor an activity and make Hospice of Cabarrus County the beneficiary (for example, an organization hosts a golf outing and presents a check for the net profits).
- Hospice of Cabarrus County can also “piggy back” on an existing event, adding a third party fundraising element (for example, an annual marathon sponsor offers registrants the opportunity to make pledges to Hospice).
Guidelines for third-party events:
- To assure the proposal is within our guidelines and is consistent with our mission, the Executive Director must approve all events.
- Prospective third-party organizers must be compatible with our mission and be in good standing within Cabarrus County and surrounding communities.
- Organizers must identify any businesses or individuals to be contacted for solicitation, so that we can avoid duplicated efforts. One must have permission from Hospice of Cabarrus County prior to soliciting any businesses or individuals in our name.
- A donation solicited on our behalf, whether the donation is an item or cash, is tax deductible only when it is made directly and entirely to Hospice of Cabarrus County. This information must be made explicitly clear in promotion of the event or campaign.
- Any promotion of the event which mentions or includes the Hospice name or logo must be approved by the Executive Director prior to printing or release.
- We cannot guarantee the presence of volunteers or staff for any third-party fundraising event unless prior approval is given.
- Our Executive Director must approve all media and public communication mentioning Hospice of Cabarrus County, our mission, work or logo, prior to printing or release.
- Hospice of Cabarrus County reserves the right to protect the privacy of our advocates, staff, board members and all others affiliated with us.
- We will not solicit participation from our clients in any third-party event beyond notification of the event details and inviting them to attend when appropriate.
- Children younger than 16 years of age must be supervised at all times by an adult. Organizers should be aware of the risks to all collectors, especially if they are on their own and are known to be carrying money. Public or house-to-house collections are not encouraged for this reason.
- We recommend that local authorities and police be notified of all public activities. They will be able to give advice about what is, and is not, permissible.
- The sponsoring organization/group or individual agrees to underwrite all costs of the special event or promotion and to secure such underwriting. Hospice of Cabarrus County shall incur no costs unless otherwise agreed in writing prior to the special event or promotion.
- The sponsoring organization/group or individual is responsible for obtaining appropriate licenses/permits if necessary.
- The sponsoring organization/group must keep clear accounts of any events. (i.e., details of expenditures and income.)
- The sponsoring organization/group or individual agrees to handle all monetary transactions for the special event or promotion and to present the proceeds to Hospice of Cabarrus County within 15 days of the completion of event unless prior approval is obtained.
- The sponsoring organization/group or individual agrees to ensure that all materials borrowed are returned promptly and in the same condition they were received.
- The sponsoring organization/group or individual agrees to accept responsibility for damage or loss of materials borrowed from Hospice of Cabarrus County.
- Hospice of Cabarrus County must not be party to any liability coverage without prior knowledge and written approval.
- Event scheduling should not conflict with an existing Hospice of Cabarrus County fundraising event.
How to get started:
The process for third-party fundraising requires the following:
- A brief description of the event
- Date, time and location of the event
- What is expected of Hospice of Cabarrus County (brochures, volunteers, promotional assistance, etc.)
- Anticipated costs and projected gross income of the event
- Plans, if any, for corporate sponsorship
- Contact information of event coordinator(s)
- Call us at 704-935-9434 to set up an appointment, discuss the event and review recommended guidelines
- When approved, a Letter of Authorization will be issued and signed by both parties
- Once authorization is issued, there should be periodic communication of the event's progress with our special events coordinator.
- Following the event, present the proceeds to Hospice of Cabarrus County within 15 days
Examples of fundraisers:
- Bake Sale
- Battle of the Bands
- Fishing Tournament
- Garden Party
- Golf Tournament
- Harley Run
- Karaoke Night
- Pig Roast
- Softball Game
- Yard Sale