As a not-for-profit agency that serves people without regard to their ability to pay, Hospice of Cabarrus County gratefully accepts financial gifts from individuals, corporations and organizations. Our fundraising efforts help to provide uncompensated end-of-life patient services, as well as support for our community bereavement Wings to Soar program.
- Hot August Night: Join us for a Hot August Night with food, fun and friends! This annual event held on the last Saturday of August features wine/beer tasting, pig roast, music and dancing with the Route 66 band. A silent and live auction raises money for Hospice of Cabarrus County.
- Golf for Hospice: Held annually in the month of October, this golf tournament raises funds to support Wings to Soar, a community grief program which serves children, teens and adults in their time of grief.
- Light Up a Life fundraiser: During the holiday season, we invite you to honor your loved one by purchasing hand-made, angel-themed ornaments and jewelry, which in turn raises funds for patient services. Additionally, a personalized ornament, with the name of your loved one, will be placed on the Light Up a Life tree at Carolinas HealthCare System NorthEast.
Interested in Organizing a Fundraiser for Hospice of Cabarrus County?
Third-Party Fundraising Events:
Strong community support is vital to ensure that Hospice of Cabarrus County can continue to deliver the quality of care that our community expects and deserves. We welcome community initiatives to help further promote awareness and funding for our program.
A third-party event is any fundraising initiative brought forward by an individual, community group, service club, or business external to Hospice of Cabarrus County wishing to raise money through an activity that is designed, managed and financially resourced by them.
Two kinds of third-party events:
- A group or individual can host an event or sponsor an activity and make Hospice of Cabarrus County the beneficiary (for example, an organization hosts a golf outing and presents a check for the net profits).
- Hospice of Cabarrus County can also “piggy back” on an existing event, adding a third party fundraising element (for example, an annual marathon sponsor offers registrants the opportunity to make pledges to Hospice).
For more information regarding third-party events, email us.
Examples of fundraisers:
- Bake Sale
- Battle of the Bands
- Bocce Ball Tournament
- Company Employee Giving Campaign
- Corn Hole Tournament
- Dinner Party (i.e. Spaghetti Dinners)
- Fishing Tournament
- Game Night
- Garden Party
- Golf Tournament
- Harley Run
- Karaoke Night
- Pig Roast
- 5k Run/Walk
- Softball Game
- Yard Sale
For more information or questions regarding our current fundraising events and/or potential third-party events, please contact us at 704-935-9434.