Carolinas HealthCare System provides compassionate and high-quality hospice and palliative care, with the goal of easing difficulties present at the last stages of terminal illnesses or with advanced illnesses.
Our skilled team of doctors, therapists, nurses, chaplains and social workers helps to improve quality of life – all while offering support and comfort to both patients and their family members.
Hospice and Palliative Care Locations
Learn more about each of our locations, including services offered, by selecting a location below.
Hospice of Cabarrus County
Hospice of Union County
What’s the difference between hospice care and palliative care?
- Hospice care is primarily end of life care, with the goal of easing the difficulties of the last stages of terminal illnesses.
- Palliative care is designed to give comfort and peace of mind to patients and their families in difficult stages of their advanced illness.
Hospice care includes:
- Skilled nursing services
- 24-hour on-call staff for emergencies
- Bathing and personal care assistance
- Spiritual care services
- Coordination of care plan
- Bereavement support
Palliative care includes:
- Relief from pain, discomfort and distress
- Expert treatment of symptoms associated with cancer or cancer treatment
- Assistance in coordination of care across multiple disciplines or services
- Coping strategies for caregivers