As a not-for-profit agency that serves people without regard to their ability to pay, Hospice of Union County gratefully accepts financial gifts from individuals, corporations and organizations. Our fundraising efforts help provide uncompensated end-of-life patient services.
- Golf Tournament: Held annually on the 3rd Monday of May at Providence Country Club in Charlotte, this golf tournament has raised over 1.6 million dollars for hospice since its inaugural tournament in 1997.
- Holiday Auction: Join us for a live and silent auction to bid on exciting items and contribute to a worthy cause! Held annually during the month of November, this holiday auction has raised funds to support hospice for over 30 years.
- Light Up a Life fundraiser: This community fundraiser involves the sale of locally hand-made ornaments and jewelry at various craft fairs, markets, fall festivals, and other locations and events within the community throughout each holiday season. We invite you to honor your loved one by purchasing our angel-themed merchandise which, in turn, raises funds for patient services.
Interested in Organizing a Fundraiser for Hospice of Union County?
Third-Party Fundraising Events:
Strong community support is vital to ensure that Hospice of Union County can continue to deliver the quality of care that our community expects and deserves. We welcome community initiatives to help further promote awareness and funding for our programs.
A third-party event is any fundraising initiative brought forward by an individual, community group, service club, or business external to Hospice of Union County wishing to raise money through an activity that is designed, managed and financially resourced by them.
Two kinds of third-party events:
- A group or individual can host an event or sponsor an activity and make Hospice of Union County the beneficiary (for example, an organization hosts a 5k race and presents a check for the net profits).
- Hospice of Union County can also “piggyback” on an existing event, adding a third party fundraising element (for example, an annual marathon sponsor offers registrants the opportunity to make pledges to Hospice).
Examples of fundraisers:
- Bake Sale
- Battle of the Bands
- Bocce Ball Tournament
- Company Employee Giving Campaign
- Corn Hole Tournament
- Dinner Party (i.e. Spaghetti Dinners)
- Fishing Tournament
- Game Night
- Garden Party
- Golf Tournament
- Harley Run
- Karaoke Night
- Pig Roast
- 5k Run/Walk
- Softball Game
- Yard Sale
For more information or questions regarding our current fundraising events and/or potential third-party events, please contact us at 980-993-7300.