These centers provide a focal point for patients, families and referring physicians to aid in the evaluation and management of disorders of the liver, gall bladder, bile ducts, pancreas and the gastrointestinal tract.
The Liver-Biliary-Pancreatic Center and Digestive Disease Center is focused on providing the highest possible level of patient care and top quality education for students, residents and fellows, and to participate in clinical and translational research studies.
The center shares space with the Center for Organ Transplantation, including liver, kidney and pancreas.
Several clinical studies are in progress in the center, including studies in viral hepatitis B and C, liver tumors, tumors of the bile ducts, and inflammatory bowel diseases such as Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis.
Meet the Liver-Biliary-Pancreatic Center and Digestive Disease Center Team
- Herbert L. Bonkovsky, MD, Senior Adviser for Research, Director of Research, Liver-Biliary-Pancreatic Center and Attending Hepatologist
- Andrew Dries, MD, Director of Endoscopic Ultrasound
- John Hanson, MD, Member of Carolinas Physicians Network
- David Iannitti, MD, Director of The Program in Hepatopancreaticobiliary Surgery
- John Martinie, MD, Hepatopancreaticobiliary Attending Surgeon
- Thomas Pacicco, MD, Carolinas Physicians Network, Director of GI Endoscopy, Carolinas Medical Center
- Srikanth Padma, MD, Fellow in HPB Surgery
- Thomas Roberts, MD, Staff Gastroentemologist
- Mark Russo, MD, Medical Director of Liver Transplantation and Attending Hepatologist
- Martin Scobey, MD, Director of the Division of Gastroenterology
Contact the Liver-Biliary-Pancreatic Center and Digestive Disease Center
- Lisa McCanna, nurse manager, 704-355-3291
- Appointments: 704-512-MYGI (6944).
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, 1025 Morehead Medical Plaza, Charlotte, NC