How to Apply
Learn more about the Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Residency Program and apply today.
Call us at: 704-355-4406
Welcome to the Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (PM&R), located in Carolinas Rehabilitation and adjacent to Carolinas Medical Center. Carolinas Rehabilitation is a 192-bed CARF accredited acute rehabilitation facility that provides inpatient care at four locations. It also includes many outpatient facilities throughout the Charlotte region.
The residency is an advanced Match program that is fully accredited – at the maximum cycle length of five years – for the past three cycles by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). The program provides comprehensive training and experience in all subspecialties of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. Our program is located in Charlotte, NC, a beautiful, vibrant city in the Southeast with a young population that leads an active lifestyle.
- Education consists of didactic lectures and conferences, as well as rotation in all sub-specialized area of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation.
- Faculty lead all didactics lectures.
- Residents lead a weekly PM&R conference, providing opportunities to present and defend ideas and gain skills as a teacher.
- Residents rotate through a variety of sub-specialized rotations, including:
- Cancer rehabilitation
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation
- Musculoskeletal medicine
- Orthopaedic and amputation
- Palliative care and hospice
- Pediatric rehabilitation
- Spinal cord injury
- Sports medicine
- Traumatic brain injury
- Training also incorporates a curriculum in quality medicine.
- Greater than 2:1 faculty-to-resident ratio.
- Over the last five years, 100 percent of residents have passed their written boards and 95 percent passed their oral boards on the first try – numbers that significantly surpass the national average.
- Experiential training with a Simulation Center and a surgical skills laboratory.
We appreciate your interest in our residency program and look forward to receiving your application. Please contact us at 704-355-4406 or email the residency coordinator with questions.