The Ross Student Research Fellowship is a 10-week program designed to expose first-year medical students, undergraduate and post-graduate students to clinical surgery, trauma, and research.
Clinical experience includes direct observation of:
- Floor rounds
- ICU rounds
- Acute trauma resuscitations
- ICU procedures
- Resident teaching conferences
Research experience includes:
- Lectures on research design
- Lectures on biostatistics
- Take training modules for the Institutional Review Board
- Data collection
- PowerPoint presentations required at completion of program summarizing their research
- Co-authorship for all work presented or published
For more information, contact Mariana Sanchez. To apply, fill out the application (MS Word) and email to Mariana. Applications are due February 28, 2017 and decisions will be made the second week of March.