If you are experiencing a life-threatening condition, call 911 immediately.
Information about typical conditions treated at Emergency Rooms and Urgent Cares is provided for informational purposes only.
Carolinas HealthCare System offers both urgent and emergency care services across the Carolinas, so you’re bound to find a location near you for your immediate healthcare needs.
Urgent Care Locations, Wait Times and Hours
Emergency Room Locations and Wait Times
Urgent Care vs. Emergency Room: Which One Should You Choose?
Not sure if you need an urgent care or an emergency room? Here is some information that might help you.
Conditions Typically Treated in an Urgent Care:
- Sinus infections
- Cold or flu symptoms
- Minor cuts, burns or skin rashes
- Animal/insect bites
- Sprains and minor bone fractures
- School, sports, camp and work physicals
- Workers' compensation care
- Occupational medicine
- Ear and eye infections
- Sore throat
- Minor injuries
Conditions Typically Treated in an Emergency Room:
- Chest pain
- Poisoning (If at all possible, first contact the local poison control center at 800-222-1222)
- Severe allergic reaction
- Serious trauma or injury
- Deep cuts or bleeding that won't stop
- Large bone fractures
- Problems related to pregnancy
- Severe burns
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of consciousness
- Abdominal pain