Carolinas HealthCare System Can Help You Learn More About Your Insurance Options
For more information call:
Annual open enrollment for coverage on the Individual Health Insurance Marketplaces in North and South Carolina is scheduled for November 15, 2014 to February 15, 2015. Anyone who wants to shop for health insurance can access the Marketplace.
Carolinas HealthCare System doctors and hospitals are included in most health insurance plans, but not all. Before buying any health plan, make sure your preferred doctors and hospitals are part of that plan.
Learn more about the individual marketplace health insurance plans available where you live:
How Do I Buy a Plan on the Marketplace?
Starting on November 15, 2014, you will be able to buy health insurance on the Marketplace. Purchase by December 15, 2014 for coverage to start January 1, 2015.
Before you buy a plan:
- Consider the healthcare needs of yourself and your family.
- Check to see if you may qualify for financial aid.
- Learn about your plan options in North Carolina and South Carolina.
- Call Carolinas HealthCare System with questions before you buy.
- Buy online at healthcare.gov, or contact an insurance agent, insurance carrier, or a local navigator.
Do I qualify for financial aid?
- Financial aid is based on numerous factors including the size of your family and your estimated income for 2015.
- View the financial aid chart to see if you may qualify.
- Apply for aid online via healthcare.gov or contact an insurance agent, insurance carrier, or a local navigator for help.
Why Do I Need Health Insurance?
- Most people in the US must have health coverage or pay a fine. Learn more.
- Having health insurance and choosing a primary doctor are the best ways to keep you and your family healthy.
Why Does it Matter Which Doctors and Hospitals are Part of My Plan?
- Carolinas HealthCare System offers the highest quality of coordinated care in the region. That means if you choose a Carolinas HealthCare System doctor, you have access to our vast network of world-class hospitals, doctors offices, urgent care facilities and specialized care for serious illness like cancer, diabetes and heart disease. And that care will be available close to your home.
- Find out more about Carolinas HealthCare System.