Children's Urgent Care
Life is full of surprises – especially when it comes to your little one. When your child needs care quickly but the emergency room is more than you need, you can turn to Carolinas HealthCare System's Children's Urgent Care.
Our dedicated pediatricians and staff treat minor illnesses and injuries in children ranging from infancy to age 18. Open seven days a week from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. with no appointment needed, we're here to give your child the care they need – when they need it.
Children's Urgent Care Services
Our urgent care services and features include:
- Care for general children's illnesses, including sore throats, ear aches, coughs, colds, flu, fevers and upset stomachs
- Care for sprains, strains and broken bones
- Treatment of minor cuts and burns
- Physicals for sports and camp
- On-site lab and X-rays
See Children's Urgent Care locations, hours and wait times
Children's Emergency Care
When your child has a serious or life-threatening injury or illness, we offer around-the-clock emergency care for your child at several locations.
Levine Children's Hospital Emergency Department
Open 24/7, our children's emergency department at Levine Children's Hospital gives you access to specialized emergency care for your child in a family-friendly environment.
- Board-certified doctors in pediatric emergency medicine
- Pediatric trauma care from the region's only Level 1 trauma center and only pediatric trauma center, equipped to treat the most serious and life-threatening injuries
- On-site access to the services and care of a full-service children's hospital, including subspecialty care available around the clock
- State-of-the-art equipment and special child-sized equipment
- A dedicated child and family-friendly waiting area
- Child life specialists focused on your child's emotional needs
See emergency care locations and wait times, including Levine Children's Hospital
Getting to Levine Children's Hospital Emergency Department
Your child can be transported to Levine Children's Hospital emergency department from any hospital in the region. They can also get to our emergency department by ambulance or by being airlifted to us via helicopter through MedCenter Air.
Emergencies and Poison
- If your child has an illness or injury that you feel is life-threatening, call 911 right away.
- If you need to reach the Children's Emergency Department directly, call 704-446-KIDS (5437).
- If your child has come into contact with or swallowed a poisonous substance, call the Poison Center at 1-800-222-1222.