The Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree (RN to BSN) online program is designed for Registered Nurses (RNs) who are seeking to expand their skills in the ever-changing healthcare industry as well as for RNs preparing for graduate level education.
The mission of the BSN program is to provide innovative educational opportunities for nurses to develop leadership skills to competently work in partnership with individuals, families, and communities to promote health in a variety of healthcare settings.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the RN to BSN Program students will be able to:
- Integrate concepts of community health, community and the role of public health nursing.
- Synthesize knowledge of nursing and community health in practice to promote, restore and maintain the health potential of groups and populations in the community.
- Incorporate assessment findings, theory and research in the delivery of an education project to a selected population.
- Collaborate with faculty and community partners to develop an education program involving a community health issue and incorporates knowledge of health disparities.
- Demonstrate positive work relationships with community partners during their service learning experience.
- Enhance knowledge of cultural competence through the service learning experience.
- Complete a satisfactory community assessment activity.
- Communicate professionally, accurately and effectively in verbal, nonverbal, written and digital modes.
- Assume accountability/responsibility for the professional nursing role(s) of advocate, clinician, coordinator, educator, and leader in promoting the health of populations/aggregates.