Requirements for New Students
- Visiting students and UNC SOM students, please contact the coordinator as soon as you're approved for a rotation to ask what information is needed.
- Students will receive an email from Certiphi to complete a background check and an email from PeopleLink to complete safety modules. Please respond promptly before the link expires.
- Students will have a drug test and fit-test to a respirator mask on their first day. Bring any prescriptions or medicine that might show up on the drug test.
- Bring a lock for your locker.
- Usually, the second day of the rotation is spent in EMR training--Canopy. This training is done at the Airport Training Center from 8:00am - 3:30pm.
Download the Carolinas Medical Center Area Map (PDF)
Students park for free during their rotation at Carolina HealthCare System. The coordinator will contact you about which parking decks you will have access to during your rotation. On your first day, the coordinator will give you a code to open the parking gate or instruct you to use the visitor entrance. Thereafter, your badge will open the gate.
CMC Campus Parking Map (PDF)
Operating Room Orientation
Operating Room Medical Student Orientation & Guidelines (PDF)