Carolinas HealthCare System is proud to offer Your Health and Retirement at CHS, a comprehensive compensation and benefits program for teammates their families. Designed to be competitive and responsive to the varied needs of our diverse workforce, Your Health and Retirement at CHS helps you create a completely rewarding career experience.
Health and Wellness
Carolinas HealthCare System is committed to your health and well-being. Our health benefits are designed to support and reward healthy behaviors and to create better-informed healthcare consumers. The Carolinas HealthCare System LiveWELL Health Plan and CHS LiveWELL program are just a few of the components of Your Health and Retirement at CHS and provides:
- The CHS LiveWELL Health Plan — A consumer-directed health plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA) that allows you to take control of decisions about your health care.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) — A unique pretax savings feature that is used in conjunction with consumer-directed health plans. Includes contributions made by Carolinas HealthCare System and can be used to pay for out-of-pocket healthcare expenses (deductibles and co-insurance). Account balance is always yours and rolls over year over year and can be invested once balance reaches $5,000, similar to a retirement plan
- Dental option — Coverage includes preventive, diagnostic, basic and major services, and includes adult and child orthodontia care.
- Vision option — Coverage includes routine eye exams and eyewear
- Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account (FSA) — Used in conjunction with an HSA, the Limited Purpose FSA allows you to direct a part of your pay, on a pretax basis, to pay for eligible dental and vision health expenses.
- Health Care and Dependent Daycare Flexible Spending Account (FSA) — Allows you to direct a part of your pay, on a pretax basis, to help pay for eligible out-of-pocket healthcare expenses (if you are not participating in a consumer-directed health plan) or expenses related to daycare
- Comprehensive Wellness Program through LiveWELL — Offers incentives and resources for living a healthy life
- On-Site Care — provides a convenient option for treatment if you experience rapid onset of illness with symptoms that are expected to last for a short duration
- Carolinas HealthCare System supports team member health and wellness through a tobacco-free work environment
Other Health Benefit Programs
- Disability — Employer-provided Short Term and Long Term Disability benefits that provide income protection if you are unable to work
- Life Insurance — Employer-paid coverage that provides your family some replacement income in the event of your death
- Voluntary Benefits —Death & Dismemberment coverage:
- Life insurance plans (whole life, supplemental term, and spouse/dependent life)
- Critical Illness insurance
- Legal plan
- Long Term Care (not offered through payroll deduction)
- Auto, Home and Other Personal Insurance
You give your best to your patients and your fellow teammates every day. We appreciate and value your total contributions. The unique “Culture of Caring” at Carolinas HealthCare System is priceless to us – just like the people who create it. That’s why we reward your contributions and success with:
- Competitive base pay and merit increases
- Matched 401(k) savings and basic and discretionary contributions made by Carolinas HealthCare System – you maximize these contributions when you contribute 6 percent of your pay.
- Strong income protection programs like Short/Long-term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D
- Thoughtful retirement programs like the 401(k) and the 457(b) plans
- Performance Plus – our unique performance-based program rewarding success in Quality/Safety, Patient Satisfaction, Financial Outcomes, and Employee Engagement
Our goal is that Carolinas HealthCare System will always be a best place to work, when measured by the engagement of our teammates and satisfaction of our patients. That is why we provide a variety of resources to help you maximize your work and your life:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – Includes paid time away for vacation, illness and holidays
- Time Off for Prevention – provides up to two hours of time off to receive your preventive care
- Dependent Back-Up Care Program – provides you access to care for your children or adult/elder dependents when the need arises to balance important demands of life and work
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – Provides free, confidential short-term counseling services for you and your immediate family
- eXtras – provides teammates with discounts on services, products and recreational activities
- Flexible Scheduling Options – Support your efforts to balance your work and personal life