Welcome to the Registrar's Office! We are here to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have regarding registration, student records, transfer credit, transcripts, graduation requirements, and SonisWeb. Below you will find some information on key areas related to our office that will assist with your transition to Cabarrus College of Health Sciences. Should you need additional assistance, feel free to stop by and visit us in Suite 133. We look forward to meeting you!

deese-todd.png Tyler-Crystal.png
Todd Deese
Director of Student Records
& Information Management
Crystal Tyler
Associate Registrar

Records & Transcripts
Your transcript serves as your official academic record and includes all coursework attempted through the College. The College offers both official and unofficial transcripts. An official transcript bears the embossed College seal while an unofficial transcript does not bear the embossed College seal.

Official transcripts typically are mailed directly from the College to a third party but may be picked up in person.

Transcript requests must be made in writing via the Transcript Request form and can be mailed, faxed or presented in person. The Student Support Center (Office 133) is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept transcript requests by telephone, or email. Unsigned requests will not be processed.

There is a fee to request transcripts (unofficial and official) of $5.00 per copy. You can mail the form to the Registrar's Office, 401 Medical Park Drive, Concord, NC 28025 and include payment via check/money order made payable to Cabarrus College of Health Sciences. Or you can fax your form along with MasterCard, Visa, or American Express credit card information to 704-403-2077. Once payment is received, your request will be processed within 3-5 working days. Processing transcript requests at the end of a semester may take longer.

If you have any outstanding financial obligations to the College, transcripts will not be issued until all such financial obligations have been paid in full.

Dropping or Adding a Course (Drop/Add)
During the registration period you may add or drop a course as often as you wish, as space permits, without penalty or the need for advisor/instructor approval. If your financial aid package has already been sent a change to courses after you are awarded financial aid can impact your awards, contact the Financial Aid Office if you make changes after you receive your financial aid package.

A student may withdraw from a spring or fall semester course up to 1 week (5 class days) after mid-semester (last day to drop a course without academic penalty) and receive a "W" providing the student completes the Course Drop form and secures the required signatures. A student may withdraw from a full summer semester course no later than 4 weeks from the last day of the full summer drop/add period. A student who drops a course after this date, but prior to exams will receive a "W" if passing and a "WF" if failing. A student may not drop a course during the week of the course's final exam. Should a student discontinue attending a course at any time without officially withdrawing, the student is considered enrolled and will receive the grade earned in the course and is responsible for the full tuition.

Deadlines for dropping a course will be published in the College graduate academic calendar, the undergraduate academic calendar and the catalog. Faculty will publish specific dates in the course syllabus.

If a student drops a course during the drop/add period, they are considered "never enrolled" and do not count as withdrawals (W's) on the grade sheet.

Academic Advisor
All students are assigned to an Academic Advisor, who is a faculty member in their respective program of study. It is expected that students consult with their Academic Advisor before each registration period to discuss course selection. Meeting with an advisor is very important in that they assists students with making sure that they are enrolling in the appropriate courses to keep them on track to graduate. Students may access their advisor listing on their homepage of SonisWeb.

FERPA & Access to and Disclosure of Student Records
Education records are kept by College offices to facilitate the educational development of students. Faculty and staff members may also keep informal records relating to their functional responsibilities with individual students. A federal law, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, as amended, also known as the Buckley Amendment, affords students certain rights concerning their education records. Students have the right to have some control over the disclosure of information from their records. Educational institutions have the responsibility to prevent improper disclosure of personally identifiable information from the records.

Student and Parent Rights Relating To Education Records Students have the right to know about the purposes, content, and location of information kept as part of their education records. They have the right to gain access to and challenge the content of their education records. FERPA was not intended to provide a process to be used to question substantive judgments that are correctly recorded. The right of challenge is not intended to allow students to contest, for example, a grade in a course because they felt a higher grade should have been assigned. Students also have the right to expect that information in their education records will be kept confidential, disclosed only with their permission or under provisions of the law.

FERPA considers all students independent which limits the education record information that may be released to parents, without the student's specific written permission, to directory information. Parents have the right, under certain conditions, to gain access to information in the student's education records. Parents who claimed the student as a dependent on their most recent IRS 1040 are permitted access to the student's education records.

Directory Information
Some information about students is considered directory information. Directory information may be publically shared by the institution unless the student has taken formal action to restrict its release. Directory information includes:

  • Name
  • Address (excludes e-mail)
  • Phone Number
  • Program of study
  • Participation in officially recognized activities
  • Most recent educational institution attended
  • Date of Attendance
  • Degrees and Awards received (including dates)
  • Enrollment Status (full/part-time)
  • Class Level
  • Date of Birth

Students may elect to suppress their Directory Information by going to the Office of Student Records and Information Management. The student will be required to complete and sign the "Suppression of Directory Information Request Form" officially requesting the suppression of their respective Directory Information. The College assumes that the student does not object to the release of the Directory Information unless the student files the official Suppression of Directory Information Request Form.

Cabarrus College's policy statement implementing FERPA is maintained by, and available for review in the Office of the Dean, Student Affairs and Enrollment Management. Students should address questions, concerns, or problems to the Dean's office. Students may file complaints regarding alleged failure of the College to comply with FERPA with The Family Policy Compliance Office, US Department of Education, 600 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-4605; (202) 260-3887, FAX: (202) 260-9001.








Degree Audit
Your degree audit is a tool to assist with monitoring your progression of courses towards graduation. It is important that you refer to your degree audit before registering for classes, as it will indicate which courses have been completed through transfer credit and which courses you still need to complete at Cabarrus College. The New Student Registration Email included instructions for how to locate your degree audit in SonisWeb.