Family and friends are important to our patient's well being. To make our patient's recovery as comfortable as possible please read the following information for visitors.
Family members and friends are welcome to visit. Visiting hours are from 9 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. with a few exceptions:
Visiting Hours for Critical Care Unit/ Intensive Care Unit:
- Visiting hours will be flexible as possible while providing care to the patients. Two visitors at a time are allowed.
- To maintain patient confidentiality during change of shift, we ask that visitation be limited between 6 a.m. - 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted in the Intensive Care Unit without prior screening from the nurse.
- Visitation will be suspended for emergencies, new admissions or at the nurse's discretion.
- Visitation is limited during quiet time. Quiet time is observed at change of shift from 6 a.m.- 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. and from 2 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- In restricted areas, cellular devices can be used to within three feet of electronic patient care equipment.
For our patients health and recovery, we ask visitors to observe the following guidelines:
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious disease should not visit
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times and should not be left in the lobby or other areas of the hospital without adult supervision
- Children under 16 years old are not allowed to visit in the Intensive Care Areas until a daily screening is performed by a staff member.
- Visitors to CMC's ICU or Maternity Ward must display an ID badge to access patient areas. ID badges may be obtained in the hospital lobby and/or the 3rd floor guest services desk.
- Only two visitors per patient at any one time.
- Hand washing is the best way to prevent the spread of germs. Hands should be washed for at least 15 seconds. Visitors are encouraged to wash their hands or use the hand sanitizer before and after visiting a patient.
- Please check with the patient's nurse about the overnight visitor policy for your unit
- Please do not smoke on hospital property. CMC is a smoke-free facility inside and out.
Your Responsibilities as a Visitor:
- You are responsible for following hospital rules and regulations affecting patient care.
- You are responsible for being considerate of the rights of patients and hospital personnel and for assisting in the control of the noise, smoking, visiting hours and quiet times.
- You are responsible for being respectful of the property of other persons and of others in the waiting rooms.
- The visitor parking deck is to the left of the main entrance at the front of the hospital and is available for a flat fee of $3. Reserved handicapped parking is available with wheelchair access to the first and third floor entrances.
- Parking on the day of admission is free. After an admission for more than seven days, each family will receive two courtesy parking passes good for 30 days each. Please contact the patient representative with questions.
Banking: An ATM machine is available on the third level near the cafeteria, and on the third level near the employee entrance.
Specific Visitor Information for Intensive Care Units:
Cell Phones / Wireless Communication Devices: Mobile telephones and wireless communication devices can interfere with certain medical equipment. As a result, please TURN OFF such devices before entering the critical care units. Cell Phones may be used in the waiting rooms and other public areas. Please check with your nurse. An ID badge is required for entry to the patient care areas. Badges may be obtained in the hospital lobby and/or the 3rd floor Guest Services desk.
Frequently Called Phone Numbers:
|Main Telephone Number (CMC Operator)
|Customer Care Line
|Guest Services Information
|Patient Accounts/Financial Counseling
|Patient and Family Services
Patient Representatives are available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to assist patients, families and visitors with compliments, comments, concerns and special needs. To reach a patient representative, please call 704-355-3016, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. After hours and on weekends call the operator at 704-355-2000 and request a patient representative.