The maternity center at Carolinas HealthCare System Pineville has been long-recognized for supporting multiple birthing options and working with you to accommodate your birth plan. Our family-centered approach involves mother-baby care and allows you and your baby to stay together in your private room. The same nurse cares for you and your baby, encouraging family bonding and breastfeeding. Skin-to-skin contact and mother-baby care is important in the first hours of life. Our certified lactation specialists and mother-baby nurses work as One to make sure you leave us healthy, happy and confident in taking care of your baby.
Our maternity center features include:
- Labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum (LDRP) care all take place in one of our private, spacious suites—all designed around the needs of your family. Suites offer a TV/DVD player, free Wi-Fi, a rocking chair, whirlpool tub, guest bed and private patios for a comfortable home-like experience.
Take a virtual tour of the LDRP suites.
Register for an in-person tour of the maternity center, held on Tuesday evenings from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. and Sunday afternoons from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. Registration is required for all tours and a photo ID is required.
- In-room mother-baby nurses to promote bonding and personalized care
- Breastfeeding-friendly environment and lactation services, staffed by certified lactation consultants, who provide supplies and support, including assistance while you’re in the hospital as well as outpatient appointments after you go home
- An innovative Level III Neonatal Care Unit with individual, private rooms for personalized medical and developmental care
- Around-the-clock availability of specialists including board-certified neonatologists and anesthesiologists as well as access to pediatric specialists and subspecialists at Levine Children’s Hospital
Our Maternity Partner
Piedmont GYN/OB, part of Carolinas HealthCare System, includes physicians and certified nurse-midwives trained to provide personalized, compassionate care through delivery and beyond. With convenient locations Ballantyne, Rock Hill and Steele Creek, Piedmont GYN/OB is focused on a convenient, seamless continuum of care for each one of our valued patients.
A seamless birthing experience
- Complete the online pre-registration form, which will help you move more quickly through the admission process on the day of your arrival.
- Download, print and complete these new patient forms and bring them to the hospital with you. Do not sign forms until admission to hospital.
Plan for Infant Feeding (English)
Plan for Infant Feeding (Spanish)
- Remember to bring your insurance card with you to the hospital.
Learn more about our maternity services