Who Do We Treat?
- Patients 55 and above with a primary diagnosis that is psychiatric
- Voluntary and involuntary patients
What Do We Provide?
- Crisis intervention and stabilization
- Medication management
- Multidisciplinary, individualized treatment plans
- Family support
When to Refer?
- When the patient's primary problem becomes psychiatric
- When the patient has significant disturbances in mood, thought or behavior that cannot be treated successfully or safely in an outpatient setting
- Other reasons to refer: depression, anxiety, panic disorders and grief.
- The unit Is located on the 4th floor of the hospital (4b)
- No physician referral is required
- 24 hours a day
- Call the referral pager #704-720-1201 and a clinician will call you back to obtain information for the psychiatrist