Dialysis Services at Carolinas HealthCare System NorthEast provide high quality care to patients with acute/chronic renal failure requiring therapy and while providing maintenance or acute treatments for those patients on chronic dialysis who are hospitalized.
- The hemodialysis unit consists of eight treatment stations. Patients are usually dialyzed three times a week for 3-4 hours per treatment.
- The Renal Unit has registered nurses specialized in peritoneal dialysis and caring for those patients with acute and chronic renal failure.
- Each patient is assessed by a registered nurse prior to treatment and monitors patients during the treatment every 15 minutes.
- We provide 24-hour, high quality nursing care to those patients requiring hospitalization.
In addition to Hemodialysis, a variety of alternate treatment modalities are available:
- Hemoperfusion for drug intoxication
- Hemofiltration when slow ultrafiltration is indicated
- Isolated ultrafiltration when rapid fluid removal is needed
Hours of Operation:
Monday, Wednesday and Friday (7 a.m.-7 p.m.)
Tuesday and Thursday (7 a.m.-3 p.m.).
There is a registered nurse on call to cover after- hour needs
The Renal Unit and Hemodialysis Unit are adjacent to one another on the third floor of Carolinas HealthCare System NorthEast.