Carolinas Stroke Network is an integrated, comprehensive network of 13 hospitals that exceeds the current standards for stroke diagnosis and treatment throughout the region.
Around-the-clock access to stroke treatment experts is available. Our experts determine the best treatment plan for each patient and coordinate transfer to our comprehensive stroke centers for those needing more advanced specialized care.
No matter where or how you access the Carolinas Healthcare System, you can be assured of highly-personalized, comprehensive cerebrovascular care. Carolinas Stroke Network's team includes board certified cerebrovascular specialists as well as access to investigational therapies and new surgical procedures that are not widely available. Our dedicated team of neurologists, neurosurgeons, neurointerventionalists and neuroradiologists as well as emergency medicine, rehabilitation and nursing specialists will ensure the highest quality cerebrovascular care available anywhere.
What sets us apart:
- We have one of the largest treatment volumes in the Southeast for cerebral aneurysms and AVMs
- We provide rapid transport to comprehensive treatment centers
- We offer MedCenter Air, one of the region’s largest air and ground ambulance services, featuring three dedicated medical helicopters and four fixed-wing aircraft that provide medical transport throughout North and South Carolina, the United States and the world
- We have one of the largest comprehensive stroke rehabilitation programs in the Southeast
- We offer radiosurgery treatment of arterovenous malformation (AVM) and dural AV fistula
- Our patient mortality and complication rates are well below national averages
- Both Carolinas Medical Center and Carolinas HealthCare System NorthEast are Advanced Certified as Primary Stroke Centers by the Joint Commission and have Gold Plus Awards from the American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association.