Roles Within a Faith Community Health Ministry
Your Faith Community Health Ministry provides you with many services and benefits, including:
- The integration of faith and health into a holistic healing process.
- Help in bringing attention to your members' health concerns and encouragement to seek medical attention for symptoms they might otherwise ignore.
- Acting as a liaison between your members and appropriate community agencies and services.
- Recruiting others as volunteers and training them to support the overall goals of the health ministry.
- Coordinating support groups to meet specific needs of your faith community.
- Supporting individuals and your whole community by assisting with access to the healthcare system, and ensuring they receive the services they need.