Specialized Fetal Care
Watch as the Hamptons discuss their gratitude to the Charlotte Fetal Care Center at Levine Children's Hospital. (6:15)
While pregnancy is usually a very exciting time in a woman’s life, sometimes issues arise that require the care of a highly qualified team of physicians. The Charlotte Fetal Care Center (CFCC) is the only center of its kind in the Southeast, and we're here to help.
Meet the Team at the Fetal Care Center
Our multidisciplinary team includes specialized physicians, nurses, counselors and sonographers who are dedicated to meet your fetal intervention needs. We will work together to customize a plan of care best suited to you and your individual pregnancy.
Our team is constantly looking for ways to improve care. For example, Dr. Courtney Stephenson, Director of the Charlotte Fetal Care Center, is one of only 38 specialists in the country skilled in laser ablation therapy for twin-twin transfusion.
- Detailed ultrasound evaluation of fetal anatomy
- Fetal echocardiography
- Diagnostic tests
- Chorionic villus sampling
- Fetal blood sampling
- Ultrasound-guided in utero blood transfusion (percutaneous umbilical blood sampling or PUBS)
Fetal Surgery Options
- Thoraco-amniotic shunting for Pleural Effusions, CCAM
- Vescio-amniotic shunting for Bladder Outlet Obstruction and obstructed cloaca
- Fetoscopic laser surgery
- Amniotic band syndrome
- Chorioangioma Fetoscopic cord ligation for TRAP Sequence or monoamniotic twins with cord entanglement
- Radiofrequency ablation (RFA) for twin reverse arterial perfusion (TRAP)
- Twin-Twin Transfusion Syndrome (TTTS)
- Sequence and anomalous co-twin in monochorionic twins
Schedule an appointment:
To request an appointment or for more information, please call 1-877-899-CFCC (1-877-899-2322). Fax referrals to 704-375-2737.