If you are experiencing a life-threatening condition, call 911 immediately.
Information about typical conditions treated at Emergency Rooms and Urgent Cares and is provided for informational purposes only.
Conditions Typically Treated in an Urgent Care
- Sinus infections
- Cold or flu symptoms
- Minor cuts, burns or skin rashes
- Animal/insect bites
- Sprains and minor bone fractures
- School, sports, camp and work physicals
- Workers' compensation care
- Occupational medicine
- Ear and eye infections
- Sore throat
- Minor injuries
Conditions Typically Treated in an Emergency Room
- Chest pain
- Poisoning (If at all possible, first contact the local poison control center at 800-222-1222)
- Severe allergic reaction
- Serious trauma or injury
- Deep cuts or bleeding that won't stop
- Large bone fractures
- Problems related to pregnancy
- Severe burns
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of consciousness
- Abdominal pain
Why choose Carolinas HealthCare System Urgent Cares:
- Our many convenient locations provide you with timely care for broken bones, sunburns and all the rest of summer’s unwelcome surprises.
- Our urgent cares connect you to One system with the latest technologies, such as electronic medical records which give your provider instant access to your entire medical history, enabling them to provide you with the best, most personalized care possible.
- You can access wait times online, which are updated every 15 minutes, so you can choose the most convenient location.
- We offer the only children's urgent care locations in the region that are backed by the strength of Levine Children's Hospital.