Operating Room Orientation
Operating Room Medical Student Orientation & Guidelines (PDF)
Canopy (Electronic Medical Records)
Required Online Modules
You are required to complete four online modules prior to your first day of class. This is an online course covering the Cerner PowerChart application. Below you will find a link to the Medical Student eLearning website containing the online modules that medical students are required to complete.
There are four online modules to complete:
- Medication Reconciliation
- Discharge Process for Providers
As a prerequisite, complete all online modules prior to attending class. Log into each module and be sure to print each certificate of completion at the end.
- Complete the online modules within a two-week timeframe of attending class in order to retain the information learned.
- Take the online modules in the order defined on the website.
- The estimated time to complete all four modules is about two hours. This can be done at an individual pace over the two-week timeframe prior to attending class.
- Print off the certificate at the end of each module and bring with you on your first day. You will have additional computer training during your first week of class.
Download the Carolinas Medical Center Area Map (PDF)
Students park for free during their rotation at Carolina HealthCare System. The coordinator will contact you to inform you about which parking decks you will have access to during your rotation. On your first day, the coordinator will give you a code to open the parking gate or instruct you to use the visitor entrance. Thereafter, your badge will open the gate.
CMC Campus Parking Map (PDF)
Corporate Compliance and Privacy for Students
This self-directed learning module contains information all Carolinas HealthCare System teammates are expected to know in order to protect our patients, our guests and ourselves.