Coping with a cancer diagnosis and navigating the complex system of cancer care—with its numerous physicians and treatment options—is overwhelming, to say the least. Levine Cancer Institute's patient navigators are here to help. Our staff assists patients, families and caregivers in finding their way through the many resources and avenues of cancer care.
Who are these navigators ready to lend a helping hand?
Nurse navigators are champions of your care. They serve as system navigators, patient educators and advocates, care coordinators and community ambassadors. They're an invaluable support system for the patient and his/her family at a critical time—after diagnosis and through treatment—and serve as a "gateway" to Carolinas HealthCare System's services.
Nurse navigators help to:
- Answer questions and address patient concerns
- Educate and support each patient and empower them to make informed treatment decisions
- Expedite scheduling for appointments, tests, surgeries or therapies
- Work with the patient's team of doctors to make delivery of care more efficient
- Provide education and knowledge to help patients better understand the disease process and treatment options
- Assist patients and their families with finding appropriate resources during and after treatment
- Ensure that important needs such as access to cancer counselors, nutritionists and local support agencies are met
- Explore and assist patients with work-related or financial concerns they may have regarding treatment
The Institute has several patient navigators at the following cancer programs:
- AnMed Health – Anderson, SC
- Batte Cancer Center at CMC-NorthEast - Concord, NC
- Blue Ridge Health Care Valdese Hospital – Valdese, NC
- Blue Ridge Health Care Grace Hospital – Morganton, NC
- Cleveland Regional Medical Center – Shelby, NC
- Carolinas HealthCare System Lincoln – Lincolnton, NC
- CMC-Mercy – Charlotte, NC
- CMC-Pineville – Charlotte, NC
- Edwards Cancer Center at CMC-Union – Monroe, NC
- Levine Cancer Institute – Charlotte, NC
- Roper St. Francis – Charleston, SC
- Stanly Regional Medical Center – Albemarle, NC
For more information about nurse navigators, call 980-442-2000.
*All offerings are not available at each Levine Cancer Institute facility site. Please visit our cancer events page for more information.