The Department of Family Medicine at Carolinas HealthCare System established a primary care sports medicine fellowship in July 2005. To date, ten fellows have successfully completed the program.
The fellowship is a one-year, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)-accredited program which provides comprehensive training and experience in sports medicine. Our program is located in Charlotte, NC, a beautiful, vibrant city in the Southeast with a young population that lives a very active lifestyle.
- Three primary care faculty members with a certificate of added qualification in sports medicine along with nationally recognized orthopedic specialists
- Sports coverage including high school, NCAA Division I and Division II athletics and mass sporting event coverage
- Experience with the latest procedures (e.g. PRP injections) and diagnostic/therapeutic tools such as musculoskeletal ultrasound in patient care
- Experience in concussion management (including ImPACT® interpretation) and pre-participation ECG interpretation in athletes as part of a large sports participation screening program
- Opportunities to join ongoing concussion and sudden cardiac death clinical research trials or original research
We appreciate your interest in our fellowship program and look forward to receiving your application.
Please contact us at 704-304-7118 or email the Fellowship Coordinator if you have any questions about our program.