- We feature a national leadership in development of quality care systems and research as well as nationally recognized teaching and education programs affiliated with the UNC School of Medicine (Charlotte campus)
- CMC Neurology was the first in the nation to be awarded the Joint Commission Disease-specific Care Certification in Parkinson's disease, ALS and MS
- CMC-NorthEast earned the Joint Commission Disease-specific Care Certification for Epilepsy treatment
Why Pursue Disease-Specific Care Certifications?
Carolinas HealthCare System's Neurosciences Institute is actively and continuously working to evaluate our subspecialty clinical programs in order to provide the best possible neurological care to patients. Learn more about our quality standards and accreditations.
Sanjay Iyer, MD, discusses the transformation of Carolinas HealthCare System's Neurosciences department.
Carolinas Medical Center
- Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center Designation & Gold Plus Award AHA/ASA, Target Stroke Honor Roll
- National Association of Epilepsy Centers Designation — Level IV
- The Region’s Only Level 1 Trauma Center
- Significant neurotrauma volumes, world-class trauma research and education
- Nationally recognized teaching and education programs, affiliation with UNC School of Medicine Charlotte Campus
- One of the largest volumes of neurosurgical cases in the country
- Clinical research programs in neurooncology, minimally invasive spine surgery and spinal arthroplasty, endovascular neurosurgery, brain injury, MS, ALS
Carolinas Medical Center – NorthEast
- Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center Designation & Gold Plus Award AHA/ASA
- National Association of Epilepsy Centers Designation — Level III
- Northern Region Research Center - one of only 20 sites in US, 50 Internationally named for an International Alzheimer’s Prevention Trial
- National Association of Epilepsy Centers Designation - Level III (Pediatric) Post-Acute Care – Expertise – Carolinas Rehabilitation
- A Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Model System follow-up site. The TBI Model System project plays a pivotal role in building the national capacity for high-quality treatment and research serving persons with TBI, their families and the communities in which they reside.
- One of the first organizations nation-wide to be designated a Patient Safety Organization (PSO) by Healthcare Research Quality for improving the quality and safety of healthcare delivery