The Carolinas HealthCare System Office of Clinical and Translational Research (OCTR) was established in June 1998 and resides in the Division of Therapeutic Research and Development (TRD) through the Cannon Research Center. This department is responsible for providing programs for direction, guidance, support, education and promotion of corporate compliance while facilitating clinical research throughout Carolinas HealthCare System. Regular business hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The Office of Clinical and Translational Research:
- Provides administrative oversight of all aspects of the conduct of clinical research.
- Provides contract review and overview of budget finalization.
- Participates in developing and conducting clinical research education programs for investigators, research support staff and allied facilities.
- Assists in quality management activities consisting of coordination of TJC issues, development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures, development and implementation of a Quality Assurance/Monitoring Program and coordinates Research Compliance Plan and HIPAA Privacy/Security Program for Clinical Research in collaboration with CHS Department of Corporate Compliance. Assures that good clinical practices are followed in the conduct of clinical research.
- Assists with study recruitment through industry networking, institutional marketing and collaboration with other academic institutions.
- Supports research personnel with Human Resource issues, acting as a resource and adviser to Human Resources and site personnel.
- Supports professional growth and development through support of training and continuing education of research staff.
- Provides administrative oversight via the Institutional Review Board (IRB) Office, IACUC/ IBC/ Cannon Safety Committee Coordination, Contract Specialists and Laboratory Coordinator.
For additional information about research participants' rights, information on research participation, or other research services, please review this document (25KB, PDF).