Nursing Anne, manufactured by Laerdal Corporation, is a manikin designed for scenario-based training for the care and management of a wide variety of in-hospital patients. Nursing Anne is an efficient, effective, flexible manikin for clinical training in women's health, obstetrics, post-partum, wound assessment and care and general patient assessment and care. This manikin is designed to be used with VitalSim controller.
- Educationally effective for in-hospital training targeting key skills for in-hospital care including women's health, obstetrics, post-partum care, wound assessment and care and general patient care.
- Pre-programmed scenarios provide standardized training while customizable scenarios and real time instructor control allows adaptation to meet individual students needs.
- Educationally efficient skills and scenario-based trainer.
- Multiple accessory modules to be added including trauma, Nuclear Biological Chemical (NBC) Module, and bleeding control for use in multiple clinical settings.
- Head with anatomical landmarks, trachea and esophagus, along with simulated lungs and stomach allow the practice of many procedures, including NG, OG, tracheal care and suctioning.
- Normal and abnormal heart, breath, and bowel sounds and fetal heart tones for auscultation.
- 1400+ rhythm variants for ECG interpretation using standard clinical monitors.
- Instructor-controlled blood pressure arm allows for realistic palpation and auscultation. Systolic and diastolic pressures, ausculatory gap, and volume are variable.
- Articulating IV arm allows for practice of IV cannulation, medication administration, and site care and maintenance.
- Practice medication dose calculations and administration through intramuscular injections at the deltoid, gluteal, ventrogluteal and thigh sites.
- VitalSim enables creating, editing and running scenarios.
- Optional modules can be added for breast examination, post-surgical mastectomy care, fundus massage skills and assessment and care of wounds and surgical incisions.