NEW STUDENT CHECK-LIST
Please complete all items on this check-list by August 12, 2016. Please note that all items must be submitted and/or complete by the deadline or a $50 late fee will be added to your account and your enrollment may be cancelled. We recommend printing off this list and checking off things as you go. Turn this form in to your advisor when you have completed all of the steps below.
- Complete Pre-Enrollment Requirements
- Complete the Online Orientation Program (including taking the ETS test and signing off on the final “Completion and Confirmation of Participation” section).
- Complete the summer reading (undergraduate students only) by August 22.
- StrengthsFinder 2.0 (2007) by Tom Rath
- Josie’s Story (2009) by Sorrel King
- Obtain a parking permit from the front desk at Cabarrus College. Place the sticker on the inside bottom left-hand corner of your car’s front windshield.
- Apply for financial aid (if applicable).
- Attend your program specific orientation. All orientations will take place at Cabarrus College. Please check your email this summer for more details on your program orientation.
- Associate of Science (TBD, check your email this summer for more information)
- Medical Assistant • Thursday, August 4 (times TBD)
- Medical Imaging • Tuesday, August 9 from 1-4pm in classroom 236
- Nursing (associate) • Friday, June 24 from 8:30am-12:30pm in classroom 228
- Nursing (bachelor) • no face-to-face orientation
- Occupational Therapy and Interdisciplinary Health Studies • Entering MOT students starting the full-time hybrid occupational therapy curriculum courses will have an on-campus orientation on Sunday, August 14; additional information will be forwarded by the Program Chair. Entering BSIHS/MOT students starting online general education courses will not have a program orientation at this time.
- Occupational Therapy Assistant • Monday, August 22 from 10-11am in the OTA lab
- Pharmacy Technology • Wednesday, August 17 from 2:30-4:30pm in the Pharmacy Technology lab
- Surgical Technology • Wednesday, August 3 (times TBD)
- Plan to attend Convocation on Monday, August 22 at 11:15am.
- Convocation is required for new diploma and associate level students! Baccalaureate and masters students are welcome, but not required.
- Complete Title IX training (check your email this summer for more details).
- Load a photo in to your SonisWeb student profile through your Bio Page. Please choose a photo where your face is visible and where we can easily identify you. This photo must be a jpeg and no more than 100kB in size.
- Talk with your advisor to ensure you are registered in the correct courses for your first semester.
- Check your Cabarrus College email regularly for important “new student” information and communication from your Program Chairs.
When finished, turn in this completed checklist to your advisor (in person or via email).