Our Multiple Sclerosis program, recognized as a leader in the research and treatment of Multiple Sclerosis, provides patients with individual treatment plans formulated to help them sustain greater functionality over the course of their illness. Our comprehensive program is equipped to handle the wide range of symptoms that normally make the disease difficult to treat.
Learn more about Multiple Sclerosis.
Distinctions of our program:
- We received Disease-specific Care Certification by The Joint Commission
- We are an officially designated Center for Comprehensive Multiple Sclerosis care through the National Multiple Sclerosis Society’s Partners in MS Care program; we are the only center in the Carolinas and one of only 60 nationwide to receive this recognition
Important attributes of our program:
- All personnel are committed to MS full time
- Our center is part of the Consortium of MS Centers
- We have participated in more than 90 clinical research trials in the past 20 years
- Our comprehensive services include social service, dietary, physical therapy and occupational therapy support
- We were the first multiple sclerosis center in the Carolinas devoted to clinical research. Since 1993, we have been involved in seminal studies of five new drugs that have been introduced into clinical practice
- Our nationally known physicians are fellowship-trained in Multiple Sclerosis