MegaCode Kid, manufactured by Laerdal Corporation, is a realistic manikin for training in a wide range of pediatric advanced lifesaving skills in pre-hospital emergencies. MegaCode Kid has a realistic airway, 1400+ ECGs rhythms, defibrillation and pacing capabilities and allows drug administration and intraosseous infusion to teach emergency skills. MegaCode Kid is designed to be used with VitalSim controller.
- Educationally effective for training pediatric advanced lifesaving skills.
- Delivers education efficiently targeting key skills for pre-hospital care providers.
- Programmable scenarios provide standardized training while customizable scenarios and real time instructor controls allow adaptation to meet individual student needs.
- Multiple modules accommodates a wide range of training including CPR, ACLS, trauma, first aid and child abuse awareness training in field, transport and in-hospital settings.
- 1400 + cardiac rhythms with synchronized pulses allows students to interpret and intervene using defibrillation, pacing and drug administration.
- Realistic pediatric airway for insertion of standard airway devices.
- Realistic needle insertion and feel at the medial malleolus and tibial tuberosity for intraosseous infusion.
- Intravenous drug administration via IV bolus or drip using the multivenous pediatric IV arm.
- Allows for the auscultation of normal and abnormal heart, breath and bowel sounds.
- Speech increases realism of scenarios.
- Pre-programmed and instructor-controlled scenarios can aid standardized teaching.
- Trauma module available to add traumatic injuries and child abuse scars to the training scenario.