Whether you’re from out of state or out of the country, Carolinas HealthCare System’s Global Patient Services makes it easy to connect to the care you need. Closing the gap between patients and providers, we coordinate your medical appointments, your travel needs, and any other arrangements you or your family may need.
Contact Global Patient Services
Call 888-327-3915 to learn about your options or begin the process.
Through Global Patient Services, we offer:
- World-renowned medicine: A leader in clinical excellence, we are home to world-class institutes led by top physicians and medical experts
- Convenient, enjoyable location:
– Medical facilities are close to Charlotte Douglas International Airport
– Charlotte is a clean, affordable, and fun city to explore
- Easy care journey: Offering one point of contact – all travel and medical logistics are handled from start to finish
From children’s cancer care to advanced surgery and transplant treatments, we offer a full range of medical services and specialties.
Highlights of our medical services include:
- Children’s Care: Levine Children’s Hospital is ranked a Best Children’s Hospital by U.S. News & World Report in multiple specialties for 2015-2016, including cardiology and heart surgery, neonatology, nephrology, neurology and neurosurgery, and orthopedics.
- Heart Care: Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute’s open heart surgery program is ranked in the nation's top 15 percent by The Society of Thoracic Surgeons.
- Orthopedics: Specializing in total joint care, our orthopedic surgeons use advanced techniques to alleviate problems caused by trauma, infection, limb-length conditions, arthritis, congenital conformity and other diseases.
- Neuroscience: Neurosurgeons at Carolinas HealthCare System Neurosciences Institute provide advanced surgical care for the entire spectrum of brain, spine and peripheral nerve disorders.
Global Patient Services Assistance and Offerings
We offer coordinated care before, during and after your trip.
Global Patient Services provides a personalized approach to care through a single point of contact. Our goal is for you to receive the care you need with as little stress as possible.
We are happy to coordinate your medical, travel and day-to-day needs.
Global Patient Services offerings include:
- Travel arrangements
- Medical appointment coordinator
- 24/7 language/interpreting services (in person or over-the-phone)
- Coordinated billing
- Ground transportation arrangements
- Assistance with local accommodations and attractions
- Religious and spiritual support
- Dietary support
- Coordination of local services or activities
Global Patient Services Financials/Billing
International patients or U.S. patients not using health insurance:
- Before services are provided, the estimated charge for all of your care is due in full
- A final consolidated bill with actual charges for care provided will be delivered within 90 days of hospital discharge
Patients with health insurance in the United States:
- Before services are provided, prior approval/authorization for payment must be received from your insurance carrier
- Coordination of additional amenity services outside of what insurance covers is available for an additional fee