The baccalaureate Medical Imaging curriculum is designed to build upon an Associate Degree in imaging or an approved diploma program. Diploma graduates may need to complete prerequisite courses in general education prior to acceptance into the Medical Imaging degree program. The baccalaureate program is approximately a two year completion program.
The Medical Imaging Program at Cabarrus College of Health Sciences will provide the Imaging Professional with an opportunity to advance their current imaging skills. Leadership skills along with opportunities to receive advanced credentials in Computed Tomography or Magnetic Resonance imaging will prepare the graduate to become a leader in their chosen field. Emphasis on communication and critical thinking skills will prepare the graduate to become adaptable in the diverse healthcare setting. The Medical Imaging program will provide knowledge, skills, and professional values required to deliver patient-centered care and high quality images.
- To prepare leaders who function competently in their chosen Medical Imaging field.
- To provide the diagnostic imaging community with graduates who are patient focused, possess ideal communication skills, and are critical thinkers.
- To present quality continuing education programs in an atmosphere in which students expand their critical thinking skills to define and enhance their role in a diverse society.
- To inspire graduates to become engaged in lifelong learning in the imaging sciences.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Expand the knowledge of clinical skills to increase clinical competence in the imaging modalities.
- Demonstrate leadership skills necessary for advancement in the medical imaging field.
- Practice patient centered care in all imaging modalities.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills (oral and written) for communicating with patients, staff, and other healthcare providers.
- Demonstrate medical legal and ethical behaviors through ethical practice in the healthcare setting.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt in the ever changing healthcare field by using critical thinking skills.
- Identify quality measures related to high quality medical imaging.