When Can We Help You?
In short: Whenever you need us.
Please contact your specific patient-centered medical home for office hours and how to contact your team after hours.
The following Carolinas HealthCare System primary care practices are designated as patient-centered medical homes:
A Unique Partnership on Your Journey to Good Health
A patient-centered medical home. It’s a place where your Carolinas HealthCare System medical team – led by your primary care doctor - works toward one goal: to help you achieve and sustain good health. YOU are key to the success of this unique patient-centered medical home model of care. Our team has a commitment to you, and you have a commitment to you!
In a patient-centered medical home, our team:
- Is available
- Knows you and your health history
- Coordinates your care
- Educates you on your condition
- Empowers you to care for YOU
Your primary care office serves as your medical home and will act as your coach to get healthy, stay healthy and get the care and services right for you.
Your team may include:
- Primary care doctor, who leads your care
- Specialized doctors, when necessary
- Physical therapists
- Behavioral health resources
- Health educators
- The most important team member: YOU
The Patient-Centered Medical Home Commitment
- Take the time to learn about you, your family, your health goals and your history
- Take care of you during any short-term illness or long-term chronic disease and support your wellness goals
- Keep you up to date on all vaccines and preventive screenings
- Connect you with other members of your care team and coordinate care with them as your health needs change
- Be available to you after typical business hours for urgent needs
- Notify you of test results in a timely manner
- Communicate clearly with you so you understand your conditions and your options
- Listen to your questions and feelings and respond in a timely manner – in a way you understand
- Help you make the best decisions for your care
- Provide information on classes, support groups and services that help you learn to get and stay healthy.
We trust you to:
- Know that you are a full partner with us in your care
- Come to each visit with updates on medications, dietary supplements and questions you may have
- Let us know when you see other healthcare providers so we can coordinate care
- Keep scheduled appointments or call to reschedule or cancel as early as possible
- Understand your health condition, ask questions and tell us when you don’t understand
- Learn about your conditions and what you can do to stay healthy
- Follow the plan we agree is best for your health.
- Contact us after hours if your issue cannot wait until the next workday
- If possible, contact us before going to the emergency department, so we can be aware and involved
- Agree that all healthcare providers on your team will receive all information related to your healthcare
- Learn about your health insurance coverage
- Pay your share of fees