The Lumbar Puncture and Spinal Epidural training model, manufactured by Blue Phantom, allows learners to practice a variety of procedures including lumbar puncture, lumbar epidural, thoracic epidural, and cervical epidural diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
This model gives you the ability to use ultrasound or utilize blind insertion techniques while performing lumbar puncture or epidural procedures to access the epidural or subarachnoid space.
Features and Benefits:
- Can be positioned in the upright or lateral decubitus position allowing users to accurately position the model for appropriate training scenarios
- External landmarks as the iliac crests can be palpated in the model to initially orient the user to the proper access points
- Palpation of the spinous processes provides additional landmarks
- Each spine tissue module contains the appropriate spinal segment, skin tissue, ligamentum flavum, epidural space, dura, subarachnoid membrane, and subarachnoid space containing cerebral spinal fluid
- Utilize for full procedural training including injecting local anesthetics, introduce the needle to the epidural space and/or subarachnoid space, thread catheters, infuse simulated anesthetics, and obtain manometer measurements
- Realistic tissue response including the pop encountered when traversing the ligamentum flavum, loss of resistance when entering the epidural space, and cerebral spinal fluid flow when the spinal cistern is accurately accessed
- The cerebral spinal fluid pressures can be easily increased in order to simulate pathological scenarios during lumbar puncture procedures
- All injected fluids are automatically expelled and cerebral spinal fluid that is removed is easily refilled using quick refill ports
- Ultrasound can be used for identification of the optimal insertion points, angle of needle insertion, and determination of the depth to the ligamentum flavum, epidural space, and spinal cistern