We’ve put together some information we hope will be helpful to visitors.
Important Telephone Numbers
- Carolinas Medical Center: 704-355-2000
- Admitting: 704-355-3071
- Cafeteria: 704-355-7149
- Chaplain: 704-355-2218
- Customer Care Line: 704-355-8363
- Gift Shop: 704-355-2932
- Flower Shop: 704-355-2932
- Guest Services Information: 704-355-4489
- Patient Accounts/Financial Counseling: 704-512-7000
- Patient and Family Services: 704-355-3016
- Security: 704-355-3333
Patient Representatives are available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to assist patients, families and visitors with compliments, comments, concerns and special needs. To reach a patient representative, please call 704-355-3016, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. After hours and on weekends call the operator at 704-355-2000 and request a patient representative.
Visitors are an important part of the care of our patients. To allow our patients to rest and be safe, all visitors must follow these guidelines:
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious disease should not visit
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times and should not be left in the lobby or other areas of the hospital without adult supervision
- Children under 16 years old are not allowed to visit in the Intensive Care Areas until a daily screening is performed by a staff member.
- Visitors to CMC's ICU or Maternity Ward must display an ID badge to access patient areas. ID badges may be obtained in the hospital lobby and/or the 3rd floor guest services desk.
- Only two visitors per patient at any one time.
- Hand washing is the best way to prevent the spread of germs. Hands should be washed for at least 15 seconds. Visitors are encouraged to wash their hands or use the hand sanitizer before and after visiting a patient.
- Please check with the patient's nurse about the overnight visitor policy for your unit
- Please do not smoke on hospital property. CMC is a smoke-free facility inside and out.
Your Responsibilities as a Visitor:
- You are responsible for following hospital rules and regulations affecting patient care.
- You are responsible for being considerate of the rights of patients and hospital personnel and for assisting in the control of the noise, smoking, visiting hours and quiet times.
- You are responsible for being respectful of the property of other persons and of others in the waiting rooms.
- The visitor parking deck is to the left of the main entrance at the front of the hospital and is available for a flat fee of $3. Reserved handicapped parking is available with wheelchair access to the first and third floor entrances.
- Parking on the day of admission is free. After an admission for more than seven days, each family will receive two courtesy parking passes good for 30 days each. Please contact the patient representative with questions.