We’ve put together some information we hope will be helpful to visitors.
Important Telephone Numbers
- Carolinas Medical Center-Mercy: 704-304-5000
- Admitting: 704-304-5171
- Chaplain: 704-304-5909
- Customer Care Line: 704-355-8363
- Cafeteria: 704-304-1536
- Gift Shop: 704-304-5910
- Patient Accounts/Financial Counseling: 704-512-7000
- Security: 704-355-3333
Visitors are an important part of the care of our patients and are welcome 24 hours a day. To allow our patients to rest and be safe, all visitors must follow these guidelines:
- Please wash your hands before visiting.
- Visiting hours or the number of visitors depend on the patient’s condition or type of nursing unit.
- Children of all ages are allowed to visit. Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a visiting adult.
- Please be quiet.
- Do not visit if you have a cold, sore throat, pink eye, flu, vomiting, diarrhea, unexplained skin rash, open draining sores or any contagious disease.
- Look for no visiting and precaution signs before entering the room.
- If asked, please leave the room while we tend our patient.
The Mercy Experience
At CMC-Mercy, we’re proud to be one of the few Planetree-designated hospitals in the world. In keeping with the spirit of this patient-centered care program, Planetree focuses on personalizing the healing process by providing a pleasant environment, nontraditional healthcare options, unprecedented access to family and friends, and full disclosure of medical information. Patient-centered care is at the heart of what we do.
Some of our unique complimentary services include:
- Art program
- Bedside journals
- Bedside reporting
- Care partner program
- Community resource library
- Cookie baking
- Guest wireless internet
- Healing touch
- Herbs and vitamin consult
- Interfaith chapel
- Community outreach service
- Music program
- Open medical records
- Open visitation
- Pet visitation (certified pet therapy dogs)
To arrange for any of the following services for a patient, contact:
- Aromatherapy and Massage: 704-304-5003
- Herbs and Vitamin Information: 704-512-6040