The Transplant Center at Carolinas Medical Center is fully compliant with the United Network of Organ Sharing (UNOS) guidelines.
Among these guidelines are:
- Having a qualified Liver Transplant Surgeon who has completed a formal training program that meets standards approved by the UNOS Membership and Professional Standards Committee. The CMC Liver Transplant Center medical staff includes transplant hepatologists and transplant surgeons as well as an experienced clinical staff of physician assistants, transplant coordinators and registered nurses.
- Being located in a medical center which transplants one or more organs and shows a commitment to graduate medical education.
- Completion of a UNOS review every five years.
Our Medical and Clinical Staff
Our medical staff includes experienced liver transplant surgeons and hepatologists from leading transplant centers across the country. CMC's liver transplant surgeons at CMC have more than 40 years of cumulative experience, and have performed deceased donor, pediatric, split liver and donor after cardiac death liver transplants.
- Mark Russo, MD, MPH, Transplant Hepatologist and Director of the Liver Center
- Philippe Zamor, MD, MPH, Transplant Hepatologist
- Paul Schmeltzer, MD Transplant Hepatologist
- Vincent Casingal, MD, FACS, Transplant Surgeon
- David Levi, MD, FACS, Transplant Surgeon
- Greg Conner, PA-C, Physician Assistant
- Michael Filsinger, PA-C, Physician Assistant
- Cindy Fowler, RN, Transplant Coordinator
- Tracy Johnson, RN, Transplant Coordinator
- Sarah Tollefson, RN, Transplant Coordinator
- Erin Rein, RN, Transplant Coordinator
- Kelly Tanner, RN, Transplant Coordinator
- Roxanne Hunter, RN, Hepatology Nurse
- Rebecca Baer, RN, Hepatology Nurse
- Andrew S. deLemos, MD, Transplant Hepatologist
See more information about the Transplant Hepatology Fellowship.