A Simple Blood Test Can Rule Out Hepatitis C and Fatty Liver Disease
Have you been screened?
to schedule an appointment
for a screening.
One in 10 Americans are diagnosed with liver disease, including hepatitis C and fatty liver disease, and are the leading causes of liver cancers and transplants.
A simple blood test performed in your doctors office can detect hepatitis C and fatty liver disease at its earliest and most treatable stages.
Why it's important to be screened:
- The silent epidemic - Approximately three million Americans are living with hepatitis C and up to 75 percent don’t know they are infected
- Symptoms are not obvious - Many people do not show signs or symptoms and can live with hepatitis C and fatty liver disease for many years without feeling sick
- Early detection helps ensure the best treatment -Left untreated, patients have a much higher risk of developing liver failure and liver cancer
Knowing Can Help You Make Important Decisions About Your Health
Here are the facts you need to know:
Fatty Liver Disease
- If you are obese, there is a higher risk of developing the disease
- 25 percent of the population is diagnosed with fatty liver disease
- Exercise, diet and medication regimen is recommended to minimize symptoms
- Three out of four people with hepatitis C were born between 1945-1965
- Hepatitis C is the number one cause of liver transplants and leading cause of liver cancer
- Successful treatment can cure hepatitis C