The primary focus of integrative oncology is dietary and lifestyle changes that optimize health and wellbeing. Complementary medical therapies from other healing traditions (such as yoga, massage therapy, guided imagery and the proper use of medicinal herbs) are also offered under the umbrella of integrative oncology where sound evidence of effectiveness and safety exist.
Integrative oncology practitioners work collaboratively with the primary oncology team to address the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of patients and their family members throughout treatment and survivorship. Programs include:
- Healing Touch - Healing Touch is a relaxing, nurturing, non-invasive energy therapy. Gentle touch assists in balancing your physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being. Healing Touch works with your energy field to support your natural ability to heal. It is safe for all ages and works in harmony with standard medical care. The practitioner places hands gently on or above the patient and focuses on adjusting the energy field.
- Yoga - Yoga uses a combination of postures, rhythmic breathing and meditation, and is said to contribute to physical and mental well-being.
- Massage Therapy - Therapeutic massage is used to reduce symptoms, improve coping, and enhance quality of life.
- Tai Chi - Tai chi uses slow, controlled movements to reduce symptoms and enhance quality of life.
- Deep Relaxation and Mindfulness Classes - Classes designed to teach participants tools for finding peace and balance through breath work and visualization.
*All offerings are not available at each Levine Cancer Institute facility site. Please visit our cancer events page for more information.
Integrative Oncology Clinic
Integrative Oncology Clinic
Wednesday, Thursdays and Friday
For Integrative Physician Consults:
Please call 980-442-2000.
Levine Cancer Institute
1021 Morehead Medical Drive
Charlotte, NC 28204
The Levine Cancer Institute Survivorship & Integrative Oncology Department, in Charlotte, North Carolina, offers patients a pro-active approach to their cancer journey. Integrative oncology is a holistic way to assist patients in promoting wellness, reducing cancer's impact and maximizing quantity & quality of life. Patients may choose to participate in the many integrative approaches available through Levine Cancer Institute with confidence that each service is backed by research on the safety and effectiveness for cancer survivors.
A consultation with an integrative oncology physician includes a comprehensive review and assessment of existing side effects, health comorbidities, lifestyle risk factors and current use of vitamins & supplements. After a thorough assessment and examination, the integrative oncology physician will develop an individualized care plan tailored to the patient's circumstances. The integrative oncology physician will utilize the latest information from cutting edge research to design strategies to complement the patient's cancer treatment or survivorship plan. Patients leave feeling empowered with education and techniques to use in their cancer treatment and recovery. Oncologists report strong satisfaction knowing that their patients are receiving an evidenced-based blend of complementary medicine with exceptional cancer care.
Schedule an appointment to:
- Reduce side effects of cancer treatment
- Review use of vitamins and supplements
- Develop a plan to reduce cancer risk factors
- Ask questions regarding alternative or complementary care
- Improve health and wellness
Dr. Chasse Bailey-Dorton
Co-Medical Director for Survivorship & Integrative Oncology
Chasse Bailey-Dorton, MD, is an oncology/survivorship specialist with Levine Cancer Institute with subspecialties in Integrative Medicine and Primary Care.
Dr. Bailey-Dorton completed a fellowship in integrative medicine at the University of Arizona. She has also completed training at the Benson-Henry Mind-Body Institute and the Center for Mind-Body Medicine. Dr. Bailey-Dorton is herself a cancer survivor.
Committed to excellence in patient care, Dr. Bailey-Dorton is welcoming new patients at Levine Cancer Institute for integrative oncology consults.
Dr. Wendy Brick
Wendy Gram Brick, MD is Vice-Chair of Solid Tumor Oncology and Co-Medical Director of Survivorship and Integrative Oncology at the Levine Cancer Institute. She specializes in Integrative Oncology, Breast Cancer and Survivorship.
Dr. Brick completed fellowships in Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona and in Medical Oncology at The Medical College of Georgia. Committed to excellence in patient centered care, Dr. Brick is welcoming new patients.