Cranberries and apples are baked with oats and whole-wheat flour for a wholesome treat.
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour (all-purpose)
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel (grated)
- 5 cups apple (unpeeled, sliced)
- 1 cup cranberries (fresh)
- ? cup rolled oats
- ? cup brown sugar (packed)
- ¼ cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons margarine (soft melted)
Combine sugar, all-purpose flour and lemon peel in a medium bowl and mix well. Stir in apples and cranberries. Spoon into a 6-cup baking dish.
Combine oats, brown sugar, whole-wheat flour and cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir in melted margarine. Sprinkle topping over filling. Bake at 375 F for 40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and top is brown. Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes 6 servings.
Per serving: 320 calories, 7 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrates, 6 g fiber, 39 g sugar, 4 g protein