Levine Cancer Institute’s Gynecologic Cancer Resources
Because Cancer care is complex, involving multiple physicians and other healthcare professionals, as well as advanced treatments (insert treatment link) that may be confusing to understand. If you’re like many cancer patients, you’re probably feeling overwhelmed by it all. But if you’ve chosen Levine Cancer Institute for your cancer care, you know that you are not alone. From diagnosis to remission, we are always here to provide you with the support and resources you need to get through this journey. Here are just some ways we can help:
Some of the resources we offer include:
- Rehabilitation. Pain and depression management, physical therapy, exercise programs and nutrition counseling can help patients improve quality of life.
- Nurse navigators provide educational materials and are available to answer your questions, serve as a liaison between you and physicians, assist you in scheduling appointments, and get you and your family connected with the local resources you need to address physical, mental, emotional, psychosocial and spiritual needs. In short, they are your advocate. A patient resource navigator is also available to offer solutions to nonmedical issues that may arise, such as those involving insurance and transportation to and from appointments and treatments, as well as referrals for support groups and classes.
- The Cancer Resource Center, open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., is located on the first floor of Levine Cancer Institute and features online access to cancer information, cancer literature, information on support groups and educational classes, as well as a cancer calendar of events.
- Ongoing classes. From smoking cessation to nutrition and exercise, a wide of variety of classes are available to improve health and quality of life. Integrative services, such as yoga and tai chi, are also available.
- Healing arts. Patients are invited to tap into their creative sides via projects in writing, painting, music and other forms of art.
- REhope fertility treatment. REhope educates patients on their post-treatment fertility options and helps them incorporate a fertility preservation plan into their cancer treatment. In some cases, financial assistance may be available.
For more information about activities and programs available, please talk with your cancer care team or contact Levine Cancer Institute’s survivorship department at 704-xxx-xxxx.