MedCenter Air maintains a critical care ground ambulance for patient transports throughout the Charlotte region. MedCenter Air also maintains a Specialty Care Transport ambulance at Carolinas HealthCare System Union Hospital in Monroe, NC. Other Advanced Life Support, Specialty Care Transport Units and Neonatal Transport Unit are located at Carolinas HealthCare System in Charlotte. A Critical Care Transport Unit is located in Hickory, NC and is staffed seven days a week. We also have locations in Rock Hill, SC, Huntersville, Kannapolis and Concord, NC.
- Our crew configuration is based on patient condition and needs.
- Our staff includes highly qualified health professionals including emergency medical technicians, paramedics, nurses and respiratory therapists.
- Our nurses and respiratory therapists have the same specialized training as the helicopter and fixed wing staff.
- Paramedics are required to have three to five years EMS experience and are trained in critical care ground transport.
- Our crew must also meet additional requirements including TNCC, ITLS, ATLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP certification, yearly rotations through high-risk OB, OR and cardiac catherization labs for procedure training.
- Each ambulance is outfitted with critical-care equipment. including LP-12 monitors, LTV1200 ventilators, multiple IV infusion pumps, advanced drug supply and Intra Aortic Balloon Pump
- Each ambulance can transport one adult patient or one isolette.
- Our ambulances are satellite tracked.
- All of our ambulances have advanced medical equipment.