Focus on Patient-centered Care
Carolinas HealthCare System Neurosciences Institute is a national leader in the development of quality improvement and clinical outcomes programs in the neurosciences. We partner with our patients to provide the best neurological care possible and we use forward –thinking data to improve the efficiency of care delivery.
What Sets Us Apart:
- First and only program in the nation to receive The Joint Commission Disease Specific- Care Certification in Parkinson's disease, ALS and MS
- The Region's Only Level I Trauma Center
- Two hospitals certified by The Joint Commission as Primary Stroke Centers and Gold Plus Award winners by AHA/ASA , one hospital Target Stroke Honor Roll
- Level IV and Level III Specialized Epilepsy Centers according to the National Association of Epilepsy Centers
- Level III specialized pediatric epilepsy center according to National Association of Epilepsy Centers
- The Joint Commission Disease Specific Care Certification - Inpatient Epilepsy
- Only designated ALS – MDA Center in North and South Carolina
- Only MS Center in the Carolinas and one of only 60 nationally recognized programs for comprehensive MS Care by the national MS Society's Partners in MS Care Program
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Model System follow-up site
- One of the first organizations nation-wide to be designated a Patient Safety Organization (PSO) by the Agency for Healthcare Research Quality for improving the quality and safety of healthcare delivery
Rick Dunlap shares his experience of having a stroke and how the team at Carolinas HealthCare System helped him recover in days.
Joan Hampton discusses how Carolinas Stroke Network helped her recover from a stroke.
Watch Scott Wise's story of how brain surgery for seizures has dramatically improved his quality of life.