MedCenter Air has national and international transport capabilities through our four fixed wing aircraft. Our staff is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and is available for emergent and scheduled sub-acute patient transports.
- Fixed Wing aircraft operated by Landmark Aviation - FAA Air Carrier Certificate number I5WA933J
- Two Beechcraft King Air 200 turbo prop planes
- Two Cessna Citation 560 series jets
- Our planes are satellite tracked and are equipped with advanced medical equipment including LP-12 monitors, LTV1200 ventilators, multiple IV infusion pumps, advanced drug therapies and Intra Aortic Balloon Pump
Our fixed wing aircraft are available for the transport of emergent and sub-acute patients. Our aircraft are also equipped to provide communications with an Emergency Department physician during flight if needed.
- MedCenter Air provides comprehensive, bedside-to-bedside service
- Quotes available 24 hours a day through our communication center
- Fees are all-inclusive and cover ambulance transportation to and from the aircraft
- Passengers are allowed at no additional expense if seats are available and patient's condition permits
- Turbo Prop: two adult or two isolette patient load capacity
- Jet: one adult or two isolette patient load capacity
- All Pilots provided by Landmark Aviation
- Two pilots on every flight for safety
- All pilots are required to have:
- FAA Airline Transport Pilot Certificate
- More than 2,000 hours of previous flight time experience
- FAA first-class annual flight physical
- Attend annual recurrent training, including flight simulation
Our highly qualified crew must meet rigorous requirements including RN and RRT configuration; three to five years' experience in ICU or Emergency Department medicine and are cross credentialed with EMS certifications.
Further, our crew receives advanced training in aeromedical physiology, aircraft safety and transport protocols, as well as additional requirements include TNCC, ITLS, ATLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP certification, yearly rotations through high-risk OB, OR and cardiac catherization labs for procedure training.
Want to know more about choosing a Quality Fixed Wing Provider? Contact Abby Walden Peterson at 704-355-3997.