CMC-Waxhaw features a freestanding Emergency Department to provide care for patients who are in need of emergency care 24 hours, seven days a week. The Emergency Department has physicians who are all board certified in emergency medicine, state-of-the-art technology and a helicopter pad for high-level trauma patients.
From broken bones and severe cuts to heart attacks and strokes, we are staffed and prepared to bring you the highest level of emergency care quickly and efficiently. Backed by the breadth and depth of Carolinas Medical Center, you and your family have immediate access to unrivaled technology and expertise.
CMC-Waxhaw's Emergency Department provides:
- Board-certified emergency physicians
- On-call medical specialists available for consultation
- Rapid triage to reduce wait times
- Bedside registration for convenience and privacy
- A 25,000 square-foot facility with eight treatment rooms, all private
- Designated trauma/resuscitation room
- Two private observation rooms for monitoring
- Emergency transportation by ambulance and helicopter for critically ill or injured patients
- Direct access to the advanced trauma services and the region's only Level I Trauma Center
Advanced Diagnostic Imaging and Laboratory Services
In addition to emergency services and convenient physician access, CMC-Waxhaw offers advanced imaging equipment -- all available on-site. Serving both emergency patients and outpatients, we can provide an uncompromising level of diagnostic quality with the latest technology much like our other hospital emergency departments. The healthcare pavilion also provides a full range of laboratory services.
CMC-Waxhaw's Diagnostic Imaging and Lab provides:
- State-of-the-art CT scanner
- Advanced digital ultrasound
- Digital X-ray
- Diagnostic blood work
- Complete urinalysis
- Walk-in appointments available for diagnostic X-rays with physician orders
Primary and Specialty Care at CMC-Waxhaw
If you or your loved ones need a doctor, the healthcare pavilion at CMC-Waxhaw features highly-skilled physicians from some of the community's most trusted physician practices - Medical Group of Waxhaw, Charlotte Medical Clinic, Union OB/GYN, Union Surgical Associates and Union Pulmonary and Sleep Specialists and Waxhaw Pediatrics -- to meet your family's medical needs close to home.