Some ways you can partner with us to prevent medical errors are below.
- Make sure every healthcare team member who cares for you checks your ID bracelet. Please help us by keeping your ID bracelet in place until discharge.
- Ask us any questions you may have and discuss your concerns. Ask a family member or friend to speak for you if you are not able to speak for yourself.
- Let us help you out of bed until we know you are steady on your feet.
- Give us complete and correct information about your health history, personal habits, and diet.
- Make sure your physician knows what medications you are currently taking.
- Ask what each medicine is for and alert your physician and nurses about any allergies or side effects.
- Find out why a test or treatment is needed and how it will help you.
- Ask your physician about the results of your tests.
- Feel free to ask your caregiver if they have cleaned their hands before providing care to you.
- Be sure you know what to expect when you go home and know what to report to your physician.