Our team at Carolinas HealthCare System Union is committed to providing patients with exceptional and innovative health care. As part of our commitment, we are renovating our facility and expanding to include a new Women's and Children's Center, 25 new medical/surgical beds, a renovated main entrance, larger lobby area and additional parking.
The end result will be a state-of-the-art facility equipped with advanced technologies and amenities: all to better serve you.
Beginning July 1, the main entrance off Franklin Street closed for 22 months to make way for the expansion. During construction, patients and visitors will experience changes on campus, including short-term parking lot closures and temporary use of the Emergency Room as the main entrance.
Hospital Drive will be closed from August 19 until approximate October 30. During this time, please follow the detour route, which directs to Sunset Drive towards Dove and Faulk Streets.
- Emergency Room, Day Surgery and Endoscopy patients park in Lot E
- Medical Office Building patients park in Lots D and G
- Visitors park in Lot H
- View a wayfinding map
Shuttle service is available for patients and visitors who need help getting to a car. These services will be available Monday through Friday 5 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday and Sunday noon to 6 p.m.
PATIENTS AND VISITORS UPDATES
- Outpatient and Medical Office Building entrances will not change.
- The Endoscopy entrance near Franklin Street – marked with a teal awning – will be used for both endoscopy and Day Surgery patients.
- The Emergency Room entrance near Franklin Street will be used for emergency patients, and as the main door into the hospital.
A greeter at these entrances will be available for general assistance and to help with patient drop-off and pick-up. Inside the Emergency Room door, a reception area will serve as a point for information and way-finding.
The renovations and expansion will include:
- New main entrance, as well as a renovated and expanded main lobby
- 25 new medical/surgical beds bringing the total number of beds to 182
- State-of-the-art maternity suites to promote family-centered care. All suites will be equipped with a TV, wireless access, private bath and a family area
- Separate entrances and lobby for maternity and pediatric patients
- A four-bed, state-of-the-art Special Care Nursery with family bonding space
- New family lounge with "home-like" environment, including children's play area, internet and family-friendly café
- Additional patient and visitor parking