Radiological imaging helps doctors diagnose and treat a number of illnesses and injuries. Carolinas Medical Center (CMC) offers the latest testing equipment and highly-trained technicians and physicians who oversee the process.
- Diagnostic X-ray exams provide single images of a designated area.
- A CT Scan shows multiple pictures of an area or internal organ.
- Ultrasound uses sound waves to map an internal abnormality.
- MRI uses magnetic fields to produce images.
- Nuclear Medicine uses radioactive medication to create images.
- PET Imaging also uses radioactive medication for image production.
- CMC's comprehensive Digital Imaging Network organizes, tracks, and stores patients' radiological images for easy access.
- Interventional Radiology provides imaging guidance for targeted treatment of some diseases.